South Williamsport Area School District will be conducting all new student registrations by appointment only at the District Office. The District Office is located at 515 West Central Avenue, South Williamsport, PA 17702. Appointments for student registration can be scheduled by emailing the registrar or by calling 570-327-1581 Ext. 4466. If you need to withdraw your student from South Williamsport Area School District, please contact his/her school directly.
Steps for Registration of a Student
1. Schedule an appointment via email or call 570-327-1581 Ext. 4466.
2. Complete the online registration by contacting the registrar for detailed directions and information.
3. Have all items for registration.
(Please note that South Williamsport Area School District policy states a child is eligible for admission to kindergarten if s/he is not less than five (5) years and no months old before the first day of the school term.)
Items Needed for Registration
Click here to download the Items Needed for Registration Checklist. The following are required documents to bring to your appointment in order to register your child:
- Proof of Age
- Birth Certificate
- Valid passport
- Proof of Residency
- Homeowners – tax bill or deed
- Rent Receipt or affidavit from the landlord or a copy of the lease
- Affidavit of Multiple Occupancy Registration Form
- Parent/Guardianship ID
- Photo ID
- Valid Photo Driver’s License with current address
- Guardianship Affidavit (If assuming legal guardianship)
- Special Education Records (IEP)
- Residency Affidavit
- Any court document or formal agreements explaining custody arrangements
- Health History
- Immunization Records (See Summary)
Please click here to download the Health History Form. The immunization records should contain a list of the following:
- Diptheria and Tetanus (DTP, DtaP, Td, DT)—4 doses with the 4th dose administered after the 4th birthday
- Polio—3 doses
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)—2 doses
- Hepatitis B—3 doses
- Varicella—2 doses—Vaccine to prevent chicken pox if child has not already had the disease.
Children Entering Grades 7-12 Additional Immunization Requirements:
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Acellular Pertusss (Tdap)—1 dose
- Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine (MCV)—1 dose
InfoSnap Online – New Student Registration System –
The District provides the option of completing the. To complete an online registration for a new student, please click the link above, Step 2 of Steps for Registration of a Student. You will need to create an account to use the system. (Please note that this link is for new students that have not attended South Williamsport.) After you have completed the forms online, please call the registrar at the above phone number to set-up a time to complete the registration process for your child.
Who Can Register a Student
Parents or court appointed guardians living in the South Williamsport Area School District may enroll a student. The parent/guardian must come into the District Office in person to complete the enrollment process. (Note: Exceptions apply to homeless youth according to the McKinney-Vento Act, migrant and foster students.) A student living with someone other than a parent will be registered in accordance with guidelines set by PA Public School Code section 24 P.S. 13-1302.
Residents, other than the parent or court-appointed guardian, will be asked to sign an affidavit stating that they and the student live in this District on a full-time basis.
Affidavit of Residence Procedure
South Williamsport Area School District requires evidence that a student resides in the district before the student can be enrolled. Acceptable documents for verifying residency include a photo license with current address and a sales, lease, or rental contract.
There are, however, occasions where a family is living with another family or for some other reason cannot meet district requirements for proof of residency and would then complete an Affidavit of Multiple Occupancy. In situations where families cannot show proof of residency, the family may enroll the child by completing a notarized Affidavit of Multiple Occupancy. An AFFIDAVIT OF RESIDENCE requires both the parent/guardian of the child and the resident to appear before the registrar, present photo ID’s, a copy of the resident’s proof of residency as evidenced by a sales, lease, or rental contract, and a notarized AFFIDAVIT OF RESIDENCE that attests that the family of the child is residing with the resident. Further, an AFFIDAVIT OF RESIDENCE notifies both the parent/legal guardian and the resident that falsification of the information contained within the AFFIDAVIT OF RESIDENCE subjects the child to immediate withdrawal and subjects both the parent/guardian and the resident to liability for tuition.
Click to download the Residency Affidavit Form.
What to Do:
- When wishing to enroll a child, the parent/guardian and the resident shall meet with and submit to the registrar a notarized AFFIDAVIT OF RESIDENCE that has been completed by both parties and notarized. The document can be notarized at any number of commercial locations, such as AAA, banks or stores. Although the district normally requires immediate proof of residence, and the presence of the parent/guardian and resident with the Affidavit prepared and notarized at the time of enrollment, the parent/guardian and resident may have up to three school days to meet with the principal or designee if the resident is unable to be present at the time of enrollment. At the meeting with the principal or designee the parent/guardian and resident will be required to provide the following documents:
- Photo ID
- Resident’s Proof of Residence (Sales, lease, or rental contract)
- Notarized Affidavit of Residence
- The principal or designee shall inform the parent/guardian and resident of the provisions applicable to admissions as outlined in the AFFIDAVIT OF RESIDENCE, specifically that the persons subject themselves to prosecution if the information is falsified. The principal shall inform the persons that, at some point, a Truancy Officer may conduct a residency investigation to verify the accuracy of the information contained in the Affidavit.
- The registrar shall make a copy of the picture ID’s, proof of residence document of the resident, and the AFFIDAVIT. The original AFFIDAVIT shall be placed in the student’s records.
- The Registrar, Principal, or designee shall inform the parent/legal guardian that the AFFIDAVIT OF RESIDENCE is valid for the current school year only.
Affidavit of AFFIDAVIT OF MULTIPLE OCCUPANCY RESIDENCE PROCEDURE
Under the authority of Section 1302 of the Pennsylvania School Code, the South Williamsport Area School District requires the filing of an Affidavit of Multiple Occupancy when a school district resident allows for a child/children of school age and their family to reside in their home. The purpose is to document residency of the child. By filing the statements with the school district, the South Williamsport residents are declaring that they are allowing the non-resident child and their parent(s) or guardian(s) to reside in their home on a full-time basis, and that the parent is legally living with their child at the address in question. An example of this situation would be a parent allowing their son or daughter and family to reside with them.
Click to download the APPLICATION FOR MULTIPLE OCCUPANCY REGISTRATION.
Notice to Individuals Applying for Registration of a Non-Resident Student
While we want to consider each case on its own merits and assist students, we must be aware that some families may not be totally honest with us and may use our concern for students to merely enter South Williamsport Area School District. In order to provide quality education and treat all South Williamsport residents equitably and fairly, the following procedures are necessary. Therefore, in requesting and agreeing to the terms of MULTIPLE OCCUPANCY REGISTRATION for a non-resident school-age child and their parent(s) or guardian(s), you are hereby notified that:
- The parent(s) or guardian(s) are to complete the top portion of the attached form (APPLICATION FOR MULTIPLE OCCUPANCY REGISTRATION), declaring that the natural parent(s) or guardian(s) and their school age child(ren) are living at the residence in question on a full-time basis.
- The school district resident is to complete the bottom portion of the attached form (CERTIFICATE OF MULTIPLE OCCUPANCY), declaring that the student and their parent(s) or guardian(s) are legally residing at the residence in question on a full-time basis.
- The form must be presented to the school at time of registration.
- Periodic verification will be made to determine that the child is living in the resident’s home on a full-time basis. The school district reserves the right to re-verify MULTIPLE OCCUPANCY status at the beginning of each school semester (90 school days) with the School District Business Office. The accuracy of the information will be investigated and, if found incorrect, both the parent(s) and the school district resident filling out the affidavit will be liable for tuition and fines.
- At the time of MULTIPLE OCCUPANCY registration, both the homeowner and lessee must provide proofs of residency at the South Williamsport District address.