South Williamsport Area School District will be conducting all new student registrations by appointment only at the District Office. The District Office is located at 515 West Central Avenue, South Williamsport, PA 17702. Appointments for student registration can be scheduled by emailing the secretary to the superintendent, Chloe Smith, or by calling 570-327-1581 Ext. 4466.
Please note that South Williamsport Area School District policy states a child is eligible for admission to kindergarten if s/he is not less than five (5) years and no months old before the first day of the school term.
If you need to withdraw your student from South Williamsport Area School District, please contact his/her school directly.
Items Needed for Registration
The following are required documents to bring to your appointment in order to register your child:
- Student Proof of Age
- Birth Certificate or Valid passport
- Proof of Residency
- Homeowners – tax bill or deed
- Renters – copy of the lease, rent receipt with address and landlord contact information, or affidavit of residency completed by landlord
- Affidavit of Multiple Occupancy Registration Form
- Parent/Guardianship ID
- Driver’s License or Valid Photo ID with current address or Driver’s License or Photo ID with address change card from DMV
- Guardianship Affidavit (If assuming legal guardianship)
- Special Education Records (IEP)
- Any court document or formal agreements explaining custody arrangements
- Immunization Records