Welcome to our Family Resource Site
We are here to support you. This site will be a place families can come to find resources to help support both adults and their students in the areas of English Language Arts. We want to provide you with videos, documents and links to resources to help you navigate school this year. We will post reminders to check this page through our Class Dojo portal. Grade level teachers will also encourage you to check this site from time to time.
English Language Arts
We are looking forward to working with you this year to support our learners both in school and at home. We understand families are being asked to take on additional roles across many parts of their lives. We want to let families know that we don’t expect you to teach your children, we will take care of that. The information on this page is here to help you understand the philosophy behind our instruction, and to provide you with the resources you need to help your child be successful.
- Learn more about the role spoken language has in learning to read
- Learn more about how we represent sounds with letters
- Learn more about all the things that impact a student’s writing skills
- Learn more about how word meaning impacts comprehension
- Learn more about how students learn words that have irregular spellings
- Learn more about low cost/no cost activities to do with your children
- Learn more about what to do if your child is struggling