Fee: $13.00 (Note: Fee is subject to change, check the website below for current fee).
Before you start, you should have the following information readily available to help you complete your application:
- Addresses where you have previously lived since 1975
- Names of all individuals with whom you have lived since 1975 (parents, guardians, siblings, spouses, children, etc.)
- Any previous names you have used or have been known by (maiden name, nicknames, etc.)
- Credit/Debit Card information to pay the application fee
Applications can be created and submitted online at https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS. Please follow these step by step directions.
Paper Submission via US Mail
Paper submissions of the Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance application will still be accepted for anyone who may not have access to the internet. Submit paper applications to:
ChildLine and Abuse Registry
Pennsylvania Department of Human Services
PO Box 8170
Harrisburg, PA 17105-8170
1. The instructions for how to complete the Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance application are now included on the last page of the application and can be printed for easy reference when completing the application. Failure to comply with the instructions that are attached to the application will cause considerable delay in processing the results.
2. Applicants can now type their information directly onto the application or the information can be hand written onto the application.
3. If the information is typed directly onto the application, the information will NOT be able to be saved on a computer unless the computer has a licensed version of the acrobat adobe software. Therefore, please be sure to print the completed application before closing the document so that the information typed on the application is not lost.
4. If you have trouble accessing the application you may need to download the latest version of Adobe Reader, which is available free on the internet.
NOTE: ALL information that has been entered directly onto the application will be lost if you close the application prior to printing it (if your computer does not have a licensed version of the Acrobat Adobe software).
Once the application is received in the ChildLine and Abuse Registry’s Verification Unit, the results of the Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance will be mailed to the applicant’s address that was noted on the application within 14 days from the date that the application is received in the ChildLine Verification Unit.
For questions related to the Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, please contact the ChildLine Verification Unit at (717)783-6211 or toll free at (877)371-5422.